Conditional UI can be used to apply various UI related conditions.
Nice definition isn’t it? 🙂
Lets say you want to make a textbox readonly based on some business rule i.e. condition.
Following are the steps for doing it:
1) Identify the field which has to be readonly.
2) Identify the business rule or condition for it being readonly or not.
3) Create a condition using Conditional Expression Manager
4) Go to the Application Designer and create a Signature Option using “Add/Modify Signature Option”.
5) Assign this newly created Signature Option to the field “Signature Option” propeties by going to Right Click > Property.
6) Click the “Configure Conditional Properties” button.
7) Select the “Security Group” to which this rule should apply. Select the condition we created above in “Conditions for Security Group”.
8) In property values section select “inputmode” as the property and “readonly” as the value.
9) Selete “Ok” and then go to “Security Groups” application. Now, we need to provide access to the signature option that we created above to the appropriate user group.
Once that is done, you are ready and based on the condition being true your field will be readonly.
You can apply this to a section or tab as well if you want entire section or a tab to be readonly for a user in a particular user group based on a specific condition.
Similarly, we can using any of the properties we see in the property window and apply conditional UI on that.